Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wordless Wednesday #8: Pork and Vegetables Stir-Fry



My husband and I make frequent visits to Wat Kampong Tralach, a local wat in Kep town. It is where my husband volunteered to teach English when I was assigned to work there in 2006. We became friends with the head monk Venerable Pring Phoeun and he wouldn't let us leave without having lunch or snacks at the wat. Here's one the meals served to us the last time we went there (April) to deliver a computer set and printer:

pork and tomatoes

See related story here. For more Wordless pics, visit us here.

11 comments:

Jim said...

Hi ZJ, Happy WW/WT! I like chicken stir fry but don't get to eat it very often. I don't recognize some of those vegetables but it sure looks good.

Next time you go to my JIM'S LITTLE BLOG, not the PHOTO PLACE,
http://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/
do a search at the top left corner box for "bunch eats" and you will see some of my eating/food posts. Most is American food.
..

Maisie said...

It looks very colorful and healthy. I should eat more foods like this and less hamburgers and hot dogs.

Tink *~*~* said...

That looks wonderful! What sort of spices do the monks use?

Tink *~*~*
My Mobile Adventures *~*~*

jams o donnell said...

Looks so tasty!

marikit said...

deliciously yummy!

here's my wordless entry! :)
http://www.strawberrygurl.com/2008/07/16/ww-follow-the-signs/

Lori said...

Yummmmmmmm. Happy WW.

CK Ng said...

You have made me hungry... Happy WW! :)

Sreisaat said...

Hi Jim. It's a tasty mix of semi-ripe and ripe tomatoes, onions, spring onions, chicken strips and pepper. Will visit your food posts later :)

Me too, Maisie. More health foods than junk foods.

Tink, I think in this particular dish, they only use pepper.

Sreisaat said...

Hi Jams, Sandy, Blissful, Lori and CK... Indeed, this is one simple dish that's yummy and healthy. Thank you all for visiting :)

Unknown said...

Oh look at all the green onions! I love them and my family always turns up their noses.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - that rocks. I want an invite *jumping for joy*