Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wordless Wednesday #19: My version of Malaysian laksa



The first time I went to Malaysia, my Malaysian friends brought me to one of KL's food strips and was introduced to laksa. The verdict - I instantly liked it! I love the mix of spicy, aromatic, rich and creamy (coconut milk) flavor bursting in my mouth. Some people I know complained about getting sick of the gravy after just a few spoonfuls of it but not me :) So one day while I was surfing the net, I came across a blogger-friend professing his love for laksa and reading his post, I couldn't stop craving for it.



my version of laksa

So this is my version of Malaysian laksa. If you noticed the ingredients are not quite the same as the Malaysian version (and it is dry) but at least I got the spice and coconut flavor right :)

10 comments:

Dora said...

I would love this! Oops...u're making me so hungry now...luckily, lunch is approaching!

amecabalo said...

this is so yummy... and I love laksa hehehe... tried it when I was in malaysia last year.

Happy WW!!!
here's mine
http://www.lagawan.info/2008/11/12/photo-wednesday-4/

Gattina said...

Looks very yummy, have never tried it !

sweetytots said...

may kinakainana din kme na laksa dito.. pero im sure mas masarap yan! my entries are in sweet..pretty..naughty and sweetytots

Daisy Deadhead said...

Looks fantastic! There is a Malaysian restaurant near Furman University (South Carolina) that we go to, and eat this... but I'm sure, no comparison!

Why I love Wordless Wednesday (and more Jones Gap photos)

JO said...

never tried that one yet... but it looks spicy?

thanks for visiting my WW.

Andrea said...

That definitely looks tasty!

M A Y A said...

wow! galing mo naman! tagal ko sa singapore where nagkalat din ang laksa... pero i never once tasted it, sa tingin pa lang kse naaanghangan na ko, haha!

Shawie said...

looked so yummy and sounds like it a curry-taste, is that right? nevertheless, you're really an adventurous eater:)

Vk-mahalkaayo said...

lamia ani.............giloto ug tuno sa coconut?

pansit-noddles nya gitunoan,,,,,mao ba ni......wa pa ko kasulay nga nudeln with cocos milk.....

pero lami lantawon, lami siguro kaayo ni sa?


maka gutom man ning imong blog uy....

pag-open lang ang header, wa na gutom na......