Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Vespa Burger - the best in Phnom Penh.
Quarter pound beef, pan-grilled, served in toasted bun with salad, pickles and beans. Yum! Be sure you are really hungry (or have someone to share the food with) when you order this or any other food in their menu as the servings are really humonguous! Plus, you'll surely like the Irish owner, Alan. He's very friendly, engages you in a friendly chat and he really knows how to take care of his customers.
#98, Sisowath Quay, Phnom Penh
Thursday, August 14, 2008
My first attempt at making pizza.
Visit other WW participants here.
Friday, August 8, 2008
1. You know you're old when you answer every question with "because I said so!"
2. My heart is divided between working and staying at home. (Is the solution to work at home?)
3. Cable tv connection is what I need RIGHT NOW! (Of all days, the cable company decided to do maintenance work today - Olympics opening! Arrggh!)
4. I have felt the impacts of gas prices, I have known the depths of my empty pockets.
5. Gah, won't these people shut up?!?
6. Send support as soon as you can!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to wine, cheese and movie night with dear husband, tomorrow my plans include doing the laundry and grocery shopping and Sunday, I want to drive out of town for a day-trip with dear husband and Max!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Other Wordless Wednesday fun are here.
Friday, August 1, 2008
1. If I could travel back in time, I'd go back to maybe about 30minutes to an hour so I could warn myself of what's going to happen next.
2. Give me love or give me freedom.
3. I am listening to the playful taunts of the guardian angel on my right and the guardian devil on my left.
4. Somewhere, someone is thinking are we there yet?
5. I'll always be in love with you-know-who (husband, of course!).
6. My idea of a good time includes dining out or even with only a bottle of wine for no reason, and a long walk or a long drive with my husband, and lots of laughter with family or friends..
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to thebarbecue party, tomorrow my plans include waking up early for our morning flight back to Phnom Penh and maybe shopping at the airport duty free shops and Sunday, I want to just stay in bed the whole day!
Has anyone of you eaten dear meat? I haven't but some friends of mine said that the meat is more tender than beef. I don't know because I don't eat beef. Here's one joke that a friend sent to me today:
A man kills a deer and takes it home to cook for dinner.
Both he and his wife decide that they won't tell the kids what kind of meat it is, but will give them a clue and let them guess.
The kids were eager to know what the meat was on their plates, so they begged their dad for the clue.
Well, he said, 'It's what mommy calls me sometimes'.
The little girl screams to her brother 'Don't eat it! It's an asshole!!'
Hope it made you laugh!