Friday, February 6, 2009
Posted by Sreisaat
Here are this week’s four questions.
Let’s talk about foods that sound funny.
1. What’s the funniest sounding food or ingredient you know of?
- Spotted dick. Who would ever thought that a spotted dick is a kind of pudding with dried fruits?
2. How do you pronounce “cavatelli”?
- I usually pronounce foreign words the way they are spelled/written. According to Dictionary.com, it's pronounced as kav-uh-tel-ee.
3. How do you pronounce “gnocchi”?
- I used to say "no-chi" but my mother corrected me - noh-kee. Italians say nyawk-kee. (Source: www.dictionary.com)
4. Share a recipe that calls for mozzarella cheese.
- That's easy. My favorite is baked aubergine (eggplant) with mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and some herbs. Delish!